2009 is coming tomorrow! For those of you who are into making (and breaking) new year resolutions, now would be a great time to do so.
Looking back at 2008, there’s so many things that happened to make it a memorable year, both bad and good:
- Barack Obama won the presidency of the United States
- Beijing successfully held its Olympics
- the global economy went into recession
- Japan’s PM Yasuo Fukuda stepped down after less than a year in office
- Nepal became a republic
- Cyclone Nargis battered Myanmar
- Pakatan Rakyat triumphed in March 8 general elections
- Somalian piracy! Arhhh~
- Bill Gates stepped down as Chairman of Microsoft
- terrorists attacked Mumbai
- World of Warcraft’s expansion, Wrath of the Lich King, is released!
- Chinese milk companies laced their products with melamine
- yet another landslide in the Bukit Antarabangsa area
- an Iraqi reporter threw his shoes at President Bush
- Russia and Georgia went to war over South Ossetia in the Caucasus region
- The Large Hadron Collider is inaugurated
- Thailand in political turmoil
- Anwar Ibrahim re-enters politics
- Israel and Palestine still hate each other
- J.K. Rowling concluded her Harry Potter series with number seven, The Deathly Hallows
- Abdullah Badawi promised to hand over power soon to Najib
I suppose on a more personal level though, you’ve had your fair share of events this year that are memorable in their own right. Look back on them. Have you any regrets? Is there anything you wish you could have done better?
It’s been a turbulent year for me. The first half of the year was especially busy with the student council demanding my constant attention. In the second half of the year, things cooled down substantially.. and I got to focus my attention on the tons of new games coming out at the time. Heh heh.
The year 2008 ends with me starting my training in KPMG. The year 2009 begins with me meeting a new client (another insurance company) on Jan 5th. Here’s to a new start and the cheer of a new year!