I found this in the comments section of Jasmine’s “15-things” list, so I thought I’d repost it here (slightly edited & colored for grammar and clarity) as an actual post to share it with you. I take no credit for the thoughts/opinions displayed here, all of it rightfully and deservedly belongs to the commenter in question, BR. 🙂
(A) 13 things for girls to remember about guys (by a guy):
- Once we’re your boyfriend, it’s not cool to flirt with other guys.
- Give us praise when we do the right thing! We’re creatures of habit, so if we know what we’re doing right we’re more likely to do it again.
- Be clear to us about where we stand. If we’re just friends you need to make that obvious; most of you are pretty special so you can’t blame us for wanting more sometimes, if you put us in our place it will prevent some awkward moments.
- Don’t constantly need to know where we are and what we are doing all the time. It’s okay to call us lots, but don’t make us feel like its an obligation to call you every hour – otherwise you just become another chore in our life.
- Be more vocal about what you want and what you like. We’re usually pretty flexible with our style; so if you don’t like our hair or if you think we would look better in a certain colour, let us know.
- Don’t compare us to your ex-boyfriends. As a matter of fact, don’t even talk about your ex-boyfriends… And the same with our ex-girlfriends, don’t ask questions and don’t compare yourself to them; there is a reason we’re with you and not them!
- If you see us out at night and you like what you see, come and chat, or give us a wink. Don’t do the high school thing and send your friends over.
- There are many reasons we may not introduce you to our friends; some of our friends probably aren’t worth your time, some of them will probably try to get with you behind our backs. Guys tend to hang out with people out of convenience more than friendship. We promise we will introduce you to the people who are worth meeting.
- Don’t feel like you always have to dress up and wear makeup. Most of you look better first thing in the morning with bed hair and no makeup.
- Don’t expect us to come shopping for hours at a time – we hate it. If it’s not shopping for lingerie then we probably aren’t interested.
- Don’t go through our phones and computers looking for incriminating stuff. If you don’t trust us then you shouldn’t be with us.
- Don’t get upset with us if we push for sex a lot – it’s in our nature. We spend a LOT of time thinking about you.
- Don’t force us to say we love you. When the time is right it will come.
(B) 5 things for guys to remember about girls:
- Girls are 10x more insecure than you would ever expect. Keep this in mind before you say anything mean, or mention any other girl.
- You only get what you give; so make sure the girl is satisfied. Whether its presents or sex, its all about what you give – not what you get. Statistics show girls are much less sexually satisfied than guys, so if you pay attention to satisfying them, they are much more likely to stay with you.
- Don’t cheat on them. It’s mean to them, and it makes it harder for the next guy to win their trust. If you want to sleep with someone else, let them know you need an open relationship.
- Never put pressure on them to do things their family won’t like. Blood is thicker than water; so if you want her to skip church to go on a date, think again. The happier her family is with you, the better.
- Never tell them you love them if you don’t.
(C) My two cents (OK, everything from here on out is my opinion, so don’t credit the wrong person!! 😛 ):
- Totally agree with (A) 2, 3, 4, 6, 9, 11, 12, and 13, and all of (B).
- Totally disagree with (A) 10. Shopping is a great way to get to know a girl, if you pay attention to what she’s buying! It’s also a great way to get ideas on what to get her for her birthday / any special occasion. 🙂
- Totally disagree with (A) 8. I think it’s better to introduce just for the sake of politeness.. you can fill her in on the black, black hearts of your friends later on when the situation suits it. *heh heh*
- Disagree with (A) 7. Hard to find a girl daring and confident enough to pull this off!
- Kinda agree with (A) 5. Though you’d do well to be careful how you put it. Wouldn’t want to offend the guy now, would you?
- Neutral about (A) 1. Depends on how you define ‘flirt’, you know?
Also, check out Jasmine’s oh-so-informative “15 things guys don’t know about girls” list while you’re at it. I especially liked points 1, 5, 9, 11 and 13 on her list. Very very informative! You’ll learn a lot – I sure as hell did. 😀